Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Sharper Web Writing
Tuesday, 2 October 2012 from 09:00 to 13:00
Your reader's attention span can be measured in nanoseconds online. So it’s vital your web copy works as hard as possible. Sharper Web Writing will show you what works (and what doesn’t) in the fast paced world of online content.
This half day workshop is ideal for:
- Writers who want to sharpen their web writing skills.
- Marketers who want to improve the effectiveness of their sites.
- Business people who want a sharper website for their company or organisation.
Our experienced writers will show you tips and techniques that help you structure and write compelling web content copy. The workshop is highly practical with plenty of time for practice and questions (and tea, coffee and biscuits).
The DNA of sharper web writing
- What makes a good website?
- Why is the web different to print?
- Who is reading (and how do you keep them reading)?
- What’s your message? How to write a great home page.
- Plan your website. How to quickly structure and organise material.
- What to include that keeps readers hooked.
- What style? What language works best online?
- A strong start. Menus, headlines and search descriptions.
- A strong middle. How to shape sentences, paragraphs and subheads for webpages.
- A strong end. What makes a good call to action? How do you get readers to stay on your site?
When & Where
A Thousand Monkeys
We're a writing agency. We help brands get better value from the words they use.
As well as running writing workshops, we write for compelling copy for every conceivable media.
We've won awards for copywriting, but we prefer to measure success in happy clients.